I have the pleasure of interviewing one of Crescent Moon Press newest authors. New to CMP, but not ’new’ authors as the married writing team already has several books available (the links are at the bottom).
Please welcome Raven Bower to the blog, today.
Raven, thanks for being my Tuesday Talent! I sincerely appreciate your participation. Let’s get right to the interview, shall we?
Me: What was the first book you read that grabbed you? What genre? Who is the author?
R.B: Carrie, by Stephen King. It was horror and I was young. I skipped a lot of the classics and ‘young adult’ books of my time and went straight into King, Koontz and various other writers of eerie tales.
Me: Is there an author that you get fan-girl crazy over? Have you ever met him/her? Do you want to?
R.B: Hmmm. To be honest no, I love all sorts of authors across a broad spectrum of genres. So maybe it’s the massive fan-girl love of books of all sorts that overshadows any one particular love.
- Favorite color? – It varies with my mood but the spectrum is always the same, deep reds, deep blues, black and purple.
- Favorite season? – Fall! Halloween! Can you hug a season?
- Favorite Hero – movie or book? – My all time favorite is Deucalion from Dean R. Koontz’s Frankenstein series. I’d ooze all over him if he were real!
- Snack weakness (food or drink)? – Drink wise coffee. The day simply cannot begin until the liquid ratio in my veins is 85% coffee to 15% blood. Food wise rumpled chips with French onion dip. Mmmm…
- What’s your Astrological sign? – Pisces. Explains my love of all things water related.
- Do you write sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? – both, why choose between two great things?
- Do you read sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? – same as above.
Me: What’s on your desk when you write?
R.B: Oh goodness. A mess! Usually a cat – my ‘mouse pad’ is really a ‘cat pad’. Crystals, love crystals and toying with them as I ponder and write. Candles, incense, books, usually a glass of water and a coffee or tea. And did I mention a mess?
Me: Do you write to music or quiet? If you do write with music, can you share one song that’s significantly impacted this story?
R.B: I can listen to music before or after writing but not during. While I’m writing I like silence or natural sounds like the outdoors, waves etc.
Me: What’s your favorite line from your most recent release? Why?
R.B: hehe morbid as it sounds: “Chest…chest…head.” A thought process of my US Deputy Marshal character, Billie, in Primal when she takes out a criminal known for kidnapping and tormenting women. He makes the fatal mistake of thinking she might make a good victim. (As a note, the chest, chest, head is a law enforcement shooting tactic – hit twice in the chest, once in the head to ensure the threat is, well, no longer a threat)
Me: What’s next? You don’t have to get specifics – but feel free to leave a tantalizing snippet or cryptic hook.
R.B: muahah! The first novel in our Weeping Dark fantasy series, Bleeding Edge, will be released! It has a kick butt heroine – sword and shield baby! Her theme song is Saraya, When the Blackbird Sings and in Bleeding Edge, the Blackbirds are singing loudly!
Me: Who is your favorite character from Greek Mythology OR which Olympian would you want to be? And why?
R.B: Poseidon! I’m a Pisces, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
You can find more Raven here:
Author twitter: @RavenBower Author
Here’s where you can buy Primal
Thanks again for visiting Raven!