It’s Tuesday. You know what that means: TUESDAY TALENT
And today’s spotlight shines on a lady who has talent – and then some. Author of the Curse of the Phoenix series, Piper’s Fury, and one of the Unspun anthology contributors, Miss Firasek creates fantastic worlds you look forward to getting lost in. She’s working on a new project: Drowning…
I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know her on the Crescent Moon Press authors loop. One day, I hope to meet (and brainstorm) with this lady in person.
Here we go. Rachel, this is my blog. Blog, please welcome Rachel. (Blog is waving…)
Me: What was the first romance or book you read that grabbed you? Who is the author?
R.F: Oh, wow. That’s so long ago. I think it was an old HQN Historical and I was too young to pay attention to names and titles, lol. Yes, I read them that young. Kind of scary considering they were all heaving bosoms back then. ? Lyndsay Sands hooked me on Paranormal Romance, but Laurell K Hamilton gave me the inspiration to write it.
Me:Is there an author that you get fan-girl crazy over? Have you ever met him/her? Do you want to?
R.F: Jeaniene Frost!!! Squee!!! I met her at the 2010 RWA conference. She was super cool. Her niece and nephew were in line in front of me…taking their turn to talk to her…she scolded them. It was great. We talked about kids. She’s very real.
Me: What’s your:
- Favorite color? Black of course.
- Favorite season? Winter
- Favorite Hero – movie or book? Bones and if it’s not too arrogant my personal vampire Bennett Slade. He’s the perfect blend of alpha and beta. Love him.
- Snack weakness (food or drink)? Cheesecake and Dr. P
- What’s your Astrological sign? I’m a Capricorn and yes, I cap’d it. I fit the sign perfectly in all ways.
- Do you write sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? Oh, I hope my lovin’ curls toes. That’s what I shoot for.
- Do you read sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? The hotter the better baby. Even my PR needs to have some spice.
Me: What’s on your desk when you write?
R.F: Usually my phone, a notebook, and hand sanitizer. I’m a bit of germaphobe.
Me: Do you write to music or quiet? If you do write with music, can you share one song that’s significantly impacted this story?
R.F: I totally write to music. With my Piper’s Fury book I wrote to Emily Autumn’s album Opheliac. I can’t pick any single song, they are all so good.
Me: What’s your favorite line from your most recent release? Why?
R.F: I don’t really have fave lines, there are always so many that I love and after you get a few books out, it’s hard to remember lines. I just worry more about making the characters have their own flavor.
7. What’s next? You don’t have to get specifics – but feel free to leave a tantalizing snippet or cryptic hook.
Oh, I’m so excited that I just finished my revisions for my July release. Here’s a fun bit from Dane the hero:
Creating Fate Quote: “Damn, baby, don’t look at me like that.” He closed the distance and pulled her across his chest. One hand tangled in her damp hair and the other slid lower, pressing against her back, forcing her breasts to his naked chest. “You can’t look at me like that and expect me to be a gentleman.”
You can find me at www.rachelfirasek.com and it has all of my social links. Hugs all! Sasha, thank you so much for having me.