It’s Tuesday! You know what that means? The glorious introduction of writer-ly talent. And who would be the talented writer up for today’s spotlight? I’m happy to tell you. It’s the lovely Alisha Paige. (Also known as Ruby Vines AND Wolfgang Pie). She wears many hats and writes MANY books. Here’s you chance to get to know her before you go order all of her books and settle in for an extended read-in!
And now, the interview…
Me: What was the first book you read that grabbed you? What genre? Who is the author?
A.P: Well, I’ve been reading all my life but the first romance novel that turned my world upside down was Howling Moon by Rebecca York and this was before the paranormal craze, back in the 90’s. The book was shelved in romantic suspense and it was one of the first romantic werewolf novels back when there was not a paranormal section. I’m a huge fan of Ms. York and owe my love of werewolves to her! Thank you, Ms. York!
Me: Is there an author that you get fan-girl crazy over? Have you ever met him/her? Do you want to?
A.P: Ms. York, A.K.A., Ruth Glick! Amazing writer! I’ve talked to her on Facebook and squealed quite a bit when she responded! Squee!!!
- Favorite color? Black..makes me look thinner and caters to my love for the paranormal..snort!
- Favorite season? Autumn…love those crisp, cool nights, crunching leaves, smoke fires, cooking chili, football season, bundling up and cuddling, and Halloween!
- Favorite Hero – movie or book? Indiana Jones..so tough, adventurous and all that stubble!
- Snack weakness (food or drink)? Red Wine and Dark Chocolate oh and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream..omg!
- What’s your Astrological sign? Libra..gotta be balanced!
- Do you write sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? I write both. I’ve written sweet vintage romance set in WWII and The Great Depression and toe-curling love scenes in my erotic romance novels like Circle City: Lord of the Wolfen.
- Do you read sweet and cuddly or toe-curling steamy lovin’ stories? I read both. I’m a total sap so I appreciate the gushy sweet stories and the novels that make me pant!
Me: What’s on your desk when you write?
A.P: I have a laptop so I don’t really have a desk. I mostly write in bed or in the recliner. But on the side table, I’ll have a mug of black coffee in the morning or a glass of red wine at night.
Me: Do you write to music or quiet? If you do write with music, can you share one song that’s significantly impacted this story?
A.P: Neither. I have three very active kids; ages 16, 7 and 4 so I usually write to the sounds of Sesame Street, cartoons or my kids’ favorite, America’s Funniest Videos.
Me: What’s your favorite line from your most recent release? Why?
A.P: His hand moved from her back to her face, his palm spread wide, two fingers touching her open mouth, one finger touching the edge of her eyelash, so gentle she thought she’d cry. ~ I love this line because it is the moment the heroine realizes her destiny.
Me: What’s next? You don’t have to get specifics – but feel free to leave a tantalizing snippet or cryptic hook.
A.P: Up next is my indie re-release of my lion shifter tale, Uncaged, set in the 1700’s in Africa and London. Here’s a partial blurb: Fifteen years have passed since a captured African lion has lived life as a man. Time enough to forget, but when Bruce Remington meets, Wren Whittier, a lovely quadroon, the scent of a woman comes flooding back to him.
Me: Who is your favorite character from Greek Mythology OR which Olympian would you want to be? And why?
A.P: I’ve always LOVED Medusa. Partly because I envy the fact that she never has to do her hair and it is still glowing with life and partly because I secretly would love to turn men into stone! And now I’m anxious to read your Medusa story! Wow!
All my books can be found here: http://www.alishapaige.com/books-by-alisha-paige.html
My website www.alishapaige.com
My blog http://alishapaige.blogspot.com